Battle reports, tactics, and general banter about Warhammer 40k, D&D 3.5/Pathfinder, Malifaux, and Warhammer Fantasy!

Thursday 3 April 2014

April Painting Challenge

So with the beginning of the month I think it's time to announce that I will be taking part in the Skulker's Surprise painting challenge! This is basically a personal challenge to see how much I can get painted in the month of April, and more importantly, some extra incentive to keep me going. Last month I managed to get a Wave Serpent and a half complete, as well as 5 Warp Spiders done


So these are going to be my painting goals for this month:

  • 15 Dire Avengers
  • 12 Skinks
  • 10 Temple Guard
  • Stegadon

It's quite a few models to get done in just a month, but I'm already well under way on the Dire Avengers and I think that if I stay focused I will be able to complete it.The Dire Avengers will need to be completed by the 12th at the latest, as I will be participating in a local 1000 point tournament, and a fully painted army is required to play. I also started painting my Lizardmen awhile ago and I promised myself that I would have them fully painted before I played with them, and with a 1000 point Fantasy tournament next month this seems like the perfect time to try and get a bunch done.

I hope to have periodic updates on my painting (probably as I finish each unit), so stay tuned for those, and in the mean time, check out Malduran's blog, Skulker's Surprise. He has some really interesting Battle Reports, as well as some cool hobby discussions going on. Plus, it's his challenge, and so I would be a pretty big jerk to take part in it and not even mention the guy, wouldn't I? Also check out Leyzer at his blog Leyzer: Warhammer & Airsoft Battles for more painting challenge goodness, battle reports, and terrain projects!

So make sure you continue to check in with us, and to complete your own painting challenge this month! I hope it will be a great way to get rid of all those obnoxious grey models I have and more importantly, help me have some more painted stuff in my battle reports for you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Looking great dude, hope you manage it, i know i will be struggling this moth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work man, i need to do the same and start a mad painting spree!

    ReplyDelete