Battle reports, tactics, and general banter about Warhammer 40k, D&D 3.5/Pathfinder, Malifaux, and Warhammer Fantasy!

Saturday 21 June 2014

Painting Update - My Latest Projects

Hey everyone! I just wanted to post an update on all my latest painting projects that I've been working on for the last few weeks. There's quite a bit of stuff, as I'm not the fastest or most motivated painter so this is what I've gotten done:


So chronologically, first up is Ahriman. Technically, I didn't paint him all that recently, but he recently was used in a local tournament, and I quite like how he turned out, so I think he was worthy of a photo opp.



Next up is my Lord on a Juggernaut which is mildly converted from an old Juggerlord model, with a new fancy Juggernaut. This one was kind of a fun project, as I got to raid my bits bin a little for it, and painting Khorne stuff is usually a good time.


Thirdly is my old 3rd edition Bloodletters. Personally, I like these models much better than the new ones, as I really think Bloodletters should be totally beefcake, and axes are more Khorne-y in my opinion. I was thinking of doing some conversions using Beastmen as a base for future Bloodletters, and I have a Herald in the works that follows that idea.


Next are my two Lascannon Predators. I tried to do a whole bunch of highlighting on these, and I think it worked out pretty well, even if it took quite a while to do. Honestly, I don't really like painting vehicles, so I'm pretty much just happy having them done and ready for games.




Finally, here is my custom Lord of Change/Daemon Prince of Tzeentch that my girlfriend recently finished painting up for me. It was a lot of fun picking out the bits to be used for this guy, and she really worked hard to get him all converted and painted. The torso was from the Daemon Prince kit, the arms form the Tomb Kings Necrosphinx/Warsphinx, the legs are from a Tyranid Hive Tyrant, the Wings are from the Empire's Karl Franz's Griffon, and the head is from the High Elf Sky Chariot.

Anyways, that's all I have for now. My next project is likely to be a whole bunch more marines, but I'm also hoping to figure out my airbrush and maybe start working on my Wraithknight and Revenant Titan, so stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment