Battle reports, tactics, and general banter about Warhammer 40k, D&D 3.5/Pathfinder, Malifaux, and Warhammer Fantasy!

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Painting Challenge Update/Upcoming Tournament

Hey everyone! So though it may seem like I've dropped off the face of the earth, and there was no update at the end of April for the Painting Challenge, I have been working on some projects, albeit not very quickly.

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the lack of updates lately, but life has had me quite busy for the last few weeks, and I haven't had tons of hobby time, or time to update the blog. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon, and I will be able to update more regularly and get some more Battle Reports up for you fine readers!

So with that out of the way, lets get on to the painting stuff. Well, April didn't work out so well for me. By the time I had finished marathoning the Dire Avengers, which I was painting up in time for a local 1000 point tournament in which I took 2nd place,  I was feeling so burnt out that I hardly got anything else done, though I did get the majority of my Stegadon painted up. May didn't go a whole lot better, and all I managed to do that month was a Lord on a Juggernaught, and a unit of 10 Bloodletters.

Lately, I have been working much harder. I just recently finished up a Predator tank, and I'm about halfway through a unit of Thousand Sons, which I hope to have finished by the end of the week in time for another local tournament. I also am hoping to finish up a 2nd Predator and some Terminators, but we'll see how that goes.

I also hope to do a bit of an update in regards to the new ruleset for 40k, once I have a couple more games under my belt. I've had time for one test game with Brennan, which he won, and I think that it helped to get the basics down, but I didn't have a chance to try out the Psychic Phase, as I was using a Khorne themed army. Luckily this will be rectified this weekend, as the list I am bringing to the tournament is a Tzeentch themed Chaos Space Marine list.

Ahriman's Cabal 1500

HQ:
- Ahriman (Warlord) - 230

- Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeentch, Mastery Level 3, The Balestar of Mannon, Gift of Mutation, Melta
   Bombs, and Sigil of Corruption - 190

Elites:
- 3 Chaos Terminators with Mark of Tzeentch, 3x Combi-Meltas, 2x Power Axe, and Power Maul - 127

Troops:
- 13 Thousand Sons with Melta Bombs - 339

- 10 Thousand Sons with Melta Bombs, in a Rhino with Dozer Blade - 333

Heavy Support:
- Predator with Twin-Linked Lascannon and Lascannon Sponsons - 140

- Predator with Twin-Linked Lascannon and Lascannon Sponsons - 140

Total: 1499

Now first off let me start by saying that I know this list is not in any way competitive. It is just a fun fluffy list meant to exploit the Psychic Phase and see what I can do with some units that people rarely, if ever, see. This list will net me a fairly impressive 10 - 15 Warp Charges a turn, and I intend to try and use these Warp Charges in order to summon some Daemons to come and help me out. With a little luck, I'll be able to bring in enough stuff that it'll be able to tie up the enemy or keep the pressure off my Sons while they run around and score objectives. The other nice thing about this list is Ahriman's Warlord trait. I'll be able to start at least one squad right up close to the enemy, and counter-deploy pretty much anything that they might have. Add in the fact that most of the summons will be coming from Ahriman's squad, and we could be seeing some Daemons coming in right away to put the pressure on the enemy and bolster my main units. My real goal going into this tournament is to have a good time, and to really experiment with the Psychic Phase in 7th Edition, and maybe even win a game if the dice are with me.

So anyways, I hope this post clears some things up, and I'll try and get some pictures of my latest painting projects up soon. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment